Saturday, August 15, 2009

the plant lady

Debi (Dillon's mom) owns Leucadia Floral & Plant (aka the Plant Lady). She had me cover the shop Saturday and Sunday while her and Bruce moved Dillon into the Upham House. I was so excited to work at the place and had so much fun examining succulents, arranging bouquets, and hanging out with the plants. Every single customer that came into the shop was SO friendly and talkative. Which makes sense because who comes to a plant/flower shop in a bad mood? No one. Everyone is so thrilled off buying a house plant or giving a loved one some fresh flowers.
We had a succulent sale, buy three get a 2'' free!
'
The hanging plants sold like hot cakes. They were only 2 for $12 - such a steal!
super vintage cash register...
the view from the cash register....

babies!
so very little.....
and so very cute!!!
I want them all!!!!
!
but really, I'm obsessed.



I wanted this guy reaaaally badly but I don't have anywhere to hang him.
up close and personal...
the colors are so great!
STRING OF PEARLS!!!!!!!





loving on the beautiful flowers...
loving on the baby succulents....
I hung out by the hanging plants for the majority of my shift. I rocked in the rocking chair under the shade while reading my book or talking to strolling leucadians.
I crafted this succulent arrangement in this odd shaped vase!
doesn't the succulent look like an artichoke?
I love how the succulent collects droplets of water in the center for when it is thirsty, what a genius little guy!
My box of goodies! All paid for by my tip$. I dug those flowers out of the garbage and I'm going to dry them in my room. And I even found the plant I wanted but without the hanger!
To close up the shop I had to bring all the hanging plants inside for the night. It was a workout!
one pretty mess....
all cleaned up...
all locked up....


As if this day wasn't already stellar enough, I came home to a beautiful coffee stained letter that traveled all the way from Bremen, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment