Thursday, December 3, 2009

the final solution - a story of detection


First things first, how beautiful is this book cover? I totally judge books by their cover, I won't even try to deny it. Michael Chabon has written several best-sellers but I have yet to read any of his works. I debated with myself but ultimately I just couldn't pass up this interesting cover art. He wrote The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay which I will some day read but sometimes I like to read an author's lesser known books first. I enjoyed the book but I felt it ended much too abruptly. I mean literally within the last few pages the story climaxed and then resolutioned, I know that's not a word but I don't care. Other than that his words blew me away. He has the most extensive vocabulary out of any author I've ever read. I don't think he repeated the same adjective or adverb twice. It was very impressive. Also, he also knew nouns I had never once heard of, I really wish I would have underlined them to look up their dictionary definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment