Sunday, February 21, 2010

Col de Soud

After we had lunch at this restaurant I hiked down the mountain. It should have taken 45 minutes but it took my almost an hour and a half because a) I'm not so skilled at walking in snow boots in the snow and b) I stopped to take photos every 5 seconds.
The skiers go through that underground tunnel:
The beginning of the hike:
The trail:
skiers! (that word looks so wrong to me)


This is a lovely little house thing. It's completely open, so it's like a shack. Well no, not a shack. It's a house that only has walls. Well actually, it only has three walls and a roof. In the spring/summer people picnic here.
This is the view from the hut thing:
There is another town off in the distance but I don't know which town it is.

Beautiful Villars:
Chalets are sprinkled everywhere:
This is my favorite part of the mountain range:
I don't think anyone was home which was good because I was basically in their 'front yard' for a good 10 minutes...
This is what a typical Swiss chalet looks like:
The town:
Snowy rooftops:
icicles!!!

Here are the traintracks:
The train is only 2-3 cars long:
This screams Christmas:
VIVE LA SUISSE!
I will.

5 comments:

  1. all of these posts have been so awesome. i'm super jealous of your situation right now. this place looks amazing. i also particularly enjoy walks in winter towns that take 45 minutes - 1.5 hours that in the summer take about 15 minutes due to snow trudging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. become an manny (male+nanny). but really, do it.

    also, the first day I hiked in the snow it looked like I had to go to the bathroom the entire time, I loled to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where does that train go to? Did you take that in to town or did you drive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the train goes either into town (downhill) or ski hills (uphill). and HELL NO I do not drive here. The parents rented a car the first night to drive us to the chalet but then they returned it. When we go back we are taking a proper train to Geneva and then flying to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but like, really, take me there...

    ReplyDelete