Tuesday, June 8, 2010

les macarons de pierre herme

Fun Fact: this shop started in JAPAN in 1998 and then migrated to France in 2001. Pierre Herme, you are godly.
"Can I take a photo?"
"Yes, you can take two."
"Ha, two, okay...."
"Yes, only two, no more, that is our rule"
"Right"
There were 6 people working in this tiny shop, no bigger than dining room in Leucadia and they seemed so happy to be doing nothing surround by delicious treats. I want this job.
I waited patiently to eat my macarons until I came home.
Yes I am a freak for photographing all the following photos:
I got Arabesque (abricot + pistachio) and Rose (rose + rose petals)...
...Mogador (milk chocolate + passion fruit), Eden (peach, abricot + saffron), Chocolat (pure Venezuelan chocolate)....
and Jasmin (jasmine flower + jasmine tea)
Mmmmm it's oozing with the filling.
I had to alter the camera settings to show you how the Jasmin one has shiny iridescent dust, how chic.
Nom nom nom nom in my belly.
Oooohhhhhh.....
Aaahhh....
Then I took little nibbles out of each one:
to savour it and make it last longer.....



I continued to bite/taste/savour for as long as possible.
I think I lasted 15 minutes. It was the best 15 minutes of my life.

2 comments:

  1. omg the merengues looking things look soooo delicious!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the actual cookie part sort of does taste like a merengue, but it's not crunchy, it's so hard to explain!

    ReplyDelete