Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I gave money to a stranger

Yesterday I drove Greg to the airport. After saying goodbye and sobbing my eyeballs out, a very frazzled Kendra left the LAX airport. I got so turned around in the parking structure and I could NOT find my car. I thought - there is no WAY someone would steal a Previa. I searched and searched on the 4th floor and ran into this old lady with a walker. Mind you, it's dusk and the parking lot is barely still lit with natural light.

Old Lady - Excuse me Miss?
Kendra - Me? Oh hello.
Old Lady - Hi there, I was wondering do you have $16 dollars? (opens wallet) You see, my car key won't start my car, and this is my wallet, this is me (shows me her CA license), and I just called this tow company (shows my a business card), and you don't know what I've been through, and it costs $78 and I'm $16 short, do you have any?
Kendra - oh, what, oh yeah, sure yeah okay (I look around sketchily and hand her the money.)
Old Lady - thank you so much, God bless you, you don't know what I've been through
Kendra - uh huh.


As I walk away I realize - WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO?!? But then I think there is NO WAY a cute old innocent lady cheated me. This MUST have happened for a reason because (1) I purposely didn't put that extra $20 in my gas tank, (2) I got lost finding my car therefore I ran into her. It's like it was MEANT to happen. Either that or I really did just loose $20.





Oh yeah, here is the best part of the story = I didn't have enough money to pay for the $11 parking charge. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment