Thursday, July 23, 2009

ice tea


I had the worst first day of work ever. I showed up extra early to beat morning traffic and help set up for the Opening Day at the Races. We weren't allowed to clock in before 9:30 a.m. AND they automatically take out 30 minutes of your shift for break, so essentially I didn't "clock in" until 10 a.m. So that's great, I didn't (and won't) get paid for the first 1.5 hours I worked. I am busser but they placed me inside the kitchen to be an "ice tea girl". I literally poured ice tea for 9 hours straight. I worked with a really lovely girl named Kirsten but her only downside was that she had NO restaurant experience whatsoever. How she got a busser position at the Turf Club sort of blows my mind....I was offended they forced me to do that task for 9-straight-hours because I have years of experience being a server, busser, caterer and hostess. Oh, well.

I was most offended with this stupid server named "Boni" said, "Honey how old are you?" "22" "22?? My gosh you look 16, little does everyone know you are a post-bac but everyone thinks you're just the ice tea girl!" Thanks Boni, thanks a whole lot.

At the end of the day I made $41 in tips. I worked 11 hours, will only get paid for 9 probably. All the other bussers were bragging that they would personally be handed $20/$40/$50 tips from ONE COSTUMER and total made about $200-$300 that day. I more or less wanted to smack all of them.

I don't know when I will be working next. They said I wasn't scheduled today but they would call me at 8 a.m. if they needed me at 10 a.m. Talk about rude. I have no idea when I'll work again I guess I'm just sorta "on-call" so I'm gonna start job searching again.

Jorts, Visors, and Polo Tees Uniform at the Harbor Fish Cafe are really biting me in the ass right now. Too bad I turned that job down. I'm really regretting that decision.




No comments:

Post a Comment