Thursday, January 28, 2010

san francisco book co.

Today I went to San Francisco Book Co. to sell/trade some books that were left in my room by previous au pairs. This little book shop is crammed floorboard to ceiling with books, it's pretty incredible!
books, books, and more books:

Lovely.
I asked the bookseller, "do you have any Sedaris?" "Why yes, we do, third shelf on the right....you know, he lives around the corner..." My mouth literally watered. When Alison studied abroad in Paris she went to a book reading by him! I would give my left arm to be in the same room as him, or Rory's left arm, or whatever.

I ended up getting 20€ in trade credit so I got A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, Barrel Fever by David Sedaris, and The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck (recommended by Cookie). I'm almost done with Omnivore's Dilemma a Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan and I'm very excited to read my new books!

No comments:

Post a Comment