Tuesday, February 23, 2010

swiss cheese

I chatted it up with the Cheese Man the second day of my arrival. Of course. I love cheese. Have I mentioned how nice Swiss people are? My goodness, they shower you with greetings, farewells and compliments. For example:
-Hello
-Hello, Good morning! Goodday! Are you enjoying the day?
-Yes, yes thank you
-Oh nice, what can I help you with?
-Oh, some cheese please.
.......(then we dicuss cheese)
-Thank you
-Oh thank you, have a wonderful afternoon, enjoy your cheese, enjoy the snow, enjoy the evening. Goodbye, see you again soon, bye bye. Take care now, okay bye bye.

Literally, no exaggeration. It's so great.
Also, they speak slower, so it's easy to understand them. The girls make fun of them for it, sort of like this:
France French: Bonjour, comment ca va?
Swiss French: Bonnnnnnjouuuur, cooommmment ca vaaaaa?
I love it.

Also, they say some numbers differently, which works in my favor, so that's brilliant.

There is the Cheese Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment