Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cimetiere Pere Lachaise

Today I checked out the Cimetiere Pere Lachaise because I heard some famous French people were buried there. Turns out this is the raddest cemetery everrrrrr. Here is the plan:
Famille Royer - Lana's descendants perhaps?
Famille Adam aka the Adam's Family.
I know, I know, you must be thinking, Kendra, in a cemetery? She is the biggest scardy cat in the universe. But after going here I think I'm sort of fascinated/intrigued and I want to go to more cemeteries now. In the daylight, of course.
epic.

sorrow.

chilling:
Chopin's grave!!!


beautiful.

isn't this place dreamlike?

Uh what, Jim Morrison is buried here?
Some details for Alison:

some stone huts for the dead?


incredible.

can't get enough of it.
this is one of the huge transversal avenues:
Edith Piaf's grave!!!!!!!! Click her to listen to my two favorite songs by her:

graves, graves, graves.
Famille Bacon, I will.

eerily beautiful.
Jean de la Fontaine's grave!!!! He is famous poet known for his fables. And he is buried next to the great playwright Moliere!!!!! this is nuts!

Eugene Delacroix's grave!!! the French painter! whaaaat!!!
Balzac's grave!!!!! The French novelist! Could this get any better!!!!!
Yes it can, Oscar Wilde's grave!!!!
with hundreds of kisses!

Is anyone a fan of the film Paris, je t'aime? Well one of the shorts took place in this cemetery, near Oscar's grave


4 comments:

  1. pretty sure i've been there. fredric chopin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell yeah!!!

    slash when did you go to France? did you visit when you were living in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS EXCELLENT.

    x50000 for paris je t'aime!

    ReplyDelete