Tuesday, April 20, 2010

île saint-louis

Ile Saint-Louis is one of two tiny little islands in Paris.

Here are some policemen on horses. Pointless if you ask me.
Over there is the Pont d'Austerlitz that leads to the train terminal.
That little triangular part on the left is part of the island.
the river bank:
sunbathing along the Seine!!! awesome!!!!!!

This is the island. There is no one out. It's quiet, a little tooo quiet for my liking. Most of the shutters are shut. What is this place????
Is anyone home?
Saw this cute shop exploding with flowers:
and this biscuit shop:
cookies galore:
caramels galore:
vintage tin boxes:
some Frenchies getting their sweet tooth fixin'
Reason # 345,621,977 why I love France = CHEESE + CHEESE SHOPS EVERYWHERE. GAH!!!!!!! What will I do when I return stateside?!?!?
Reason # 45,937 why I love France, small vehicles:
Reason # 349,896, 509 why I love France = Produits du Terroir. This shops carries speciality items that come from different regions of France. Their name and product is protected to ensure that it came from that region. (For example: Champagne, you know it comes from Champagne, France, if not, they must call is 'sparkling wine'). My mouth waters when I find these tasty goods and window shops:
crossing the island:
Back on the mainland:

No comments:

Post a Comment