Sunday, April 18, 2010

Le Marais

Le Marais. My favorite part of Paris. Filled with unique shops and eateries. Open on sundays.
Maje is a super posh clothing shop:
Home Au Tour de Monde is a boutique that carries a lot of homegoods + bensimon outer wear and sneakers:



I bought these boots in dark brown and every time I see this color I doubt my choice. Arghh.

Zadig & Voltaire is for the fashionistas:
Diptyque carries lovely scented candles and exquisite smelling perfume:


The Kooples is for clean cut / sharp looking trendy hipsters:
Amorino is a chain, but their gelato is actually quite good:
I mean really good! look at the line around the block:
Les Mots a la Bouche is a gay bookstore. I like that something like this can and does exist.
Mariage Freres - this is soooo very French. It is the best tea shop on the planet.
They have huge bins of loose leaf teas and you can smell as many tins as you'd like before purchasing your tea. I've never smelled/tasted such great tea in my LIFE.
They also have prepackaged blends which are incredible.
In case you were looking for a new pair of awesome boxer briefs....
Schwartz's delicatessen. I can't wait to go here with my family and eat all the corned beef sandwiches and cheese cake.
Bookbindgers Design carries stylish/elegant/simple notebooks, diaries, and scrapbooks.
Chic.
I am sneaky. Heh heh.

After lookey-looing for several hours I called up Madison and she met me at Chez Marianne for some famous falafel. Go here for falafel.
Let's zoom in, shall we. Check out that lady:
The inner courtyard to Musee Carnavalet:

Oh, hi.
LOFT design by... is one of my ultimate favorite shops here, expect a full blog post on this later.

MUJI ! This is a japanese store that is so awesome! It's like a Japanese ikea? But heaps better. I don't know how to describe it but I want everything it sells.
Greg - feast your eyes on this, I found your pastry! It's only 2,50 and it's so large!
OH MY GOD. And this too. Greg's favorite: Baklava. Only 3 euro for (small) pie slice! Nom nom nom nom.

Place des Vosges, a nice little green space in the middle of Le Marais. This is where we ate our falafel.

Uh wait what? That is so bizarre.
Then we stumbled upon this lovely pink spot near the Seine
This tree is not a cherry blossom but close to it. If you ever see this tree in real life squish a fist full of the flowers in your palm, it's the softest thing in the world.

2 comments: