Wednesday, May 19, 2010

le marais


Le Marais. My most favorite arrondissement in Paris. The shops are to die for and if I was made of money I would spend it all on unique items found in this area.
Venus et Judes sells pricey soft loungewear:


I found this radio shop and was broadcasting a live show:


Rose Bakery, mmmmmmmmm:



This shop didn't have a name and after I shot this photo the French lady glared at me with the meaniest, nastiest, rudest glare of my LIFE. okay okay okay I was in the wrong, I shouldn't be taking photos but her eyes made me feel like I was burden of existence in her shop. Never going back there again. Although if I wanted to be the ultimate hipster and handmade jewelry owner I would shop here:
Francois Lamaire carries nice clothes for mostly men and women as well.
I loved this arrangement of vintage speakers:
Finger in the nose. HA! This is a literal translation of a French idiomatic expression, doigt sur le nez. Which means it's so easy, it's like sticking your finger in your nose, or piece of cake in English.
Found this little shop with old ladies crafting away:

You see this on every street corner, fyi:
Sam the concept store carries those funky novelty ha-ha items:


Who wants this foot vase more than anything? I do, I do, I do!

Oh my goodness, I discovered this open air market/eatery. AH! They had African food, Lebanese food, Italian food, Indian food, so many types of exotic foods from faraway lands I've never ever tired before. Too bad I had already packed a lunch with me......


They work in space orbs:




I walked over to this park to eat my sack lunch:
me and a hundred other frenchies:
literally:
then I meandered over to I Love My Blender, such a random name for a bookshop.
this shop actually stressed me out a little because it was so deshelved, I have no idea how the books were organized and they were stacked from floorboard to ceiling and hidden in crevases:
It looks cool, but when you are trying to find a specific book or author, it's quite impossible.
They also sell a lot of novelty items:

then I caught the metro home but first I stopped by BHV department store to buy a metric measuring cup! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment