Thursday, July 2, 2009

job hunting


In case anyone is wondering the following 54 restaurants are NOT hiring.

A Little Moore Coffee Shop

Beach Grass Café (Solana Beach)

Beachside Bar & Grill

Birdhouse Grill

Borelli’s

Boston Gourmet Pizza

Broken Yolk Café

Bubby’s

Bucca di Beppo

Champagne Bakery & Café

Chili’s

Coco’s

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Diane Powers' Casa de Bandini

Denny’s

D Street Bar & Grill

El Callejon

Firenze Trattoria

Firefly Grill & Wine Bar

Flippin’ Pizza

Gusto Trattoria

Henry’s Marketplace

Island’s Burgers

Jamroc

Ki’s Restaurant

Kraken

Las Olas

Le Petit Calypso

Mister Sushi

Mr. T’s

Narnes & Boble

Oggi’s Pizza

Pancake House

Papagayo

Potato Shack

Robbie’s Roadhouse Grill

Rubby’s

Sage Grill

Sammy’s Woodfire Pizza

St. Germaine’s

St. Tropez

Swami’s Café

Sushi & Real Food

The Beach House

The Naked Café (Solana Beach

The Naked Café (Carlsbad)

Tidewater Tavern

Trader Joe’s

Via Italia

Vigilucci’s

When in Rome

Zibbibo

Yogi’s Sports Bar

Zinc Café & Marketplace



These places will “call me” if they “need me”

Beach Grass Café (Encinitas)

Siamese Basil

I’ve emailed 8 Craigslist job postings…

I’ve applied online to Jimbo’s and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

and I will kill myself if I have to apply to Borders again so that’s a last resort.


The telephone numbers for these fine restaurants do not function so I’ll probably apply in person tomorrow

Tomiko’s Restaurant

Chart House

Il Delfino Restorante

Charlie’s by the Sea

I’ll probably drop my resume off (slash fill out applications) at these places so they have me “on file”

Calypso Café

Honey’s Bistro & Bakery

La Especial Norte

Leucadia Pizzeria

Luxus 101

Marie Calendars

Seaside Market

Trattoria i Trulli

The only semi-promising places are the following:

*Karl Strauss Brewing Company – they have open interviews on July 8/9 from 2-4pm so I will be there at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday July 8th

*Naked Café is opening up a new location in Encinitas (in the Home Goods shopping center) so on Monday July 6th at 7:30 a.m. I am meeting with Nathan at the Carlsbad location to see if I can get a job when the new place opens up at the end of this month.

If worst comes to worst I think I’ll just take out loans. That’s not so bad, right?

OH, on a comical note I got a call this morning at 8:54 (6 minutes before my alarm was about to go off) and it was a mystery 760 # and I was SO EXCITED because I knew it had to be a restaurant calling me back! I didn’t pick up because I was groggy and waited until they left a voicemail…and this is what they said:

“Hi Kendra, my name is Christina, I’m calling from Chili’s, I want to thank you for your interest in our restaurant but I’m sorry we won’t be moving you forward in our application process.”

Well, FUCK YOU.

Can’t wait to go to Keno’s tonight and rage on the town. Skinny Dipping Part Deux?


1 comment: