Sunday, April 4, 2010

centre pompidou

This is the backside of Centre Pompidou, one of modern art museums here in Paris. The first Sunday of every month is FREE admission. This is the backside of the building.



the line to go up to the outer escalator:
The lobby.
Oh, I do enjoy this.
super ugly.
these are actually petrified boogers from Hagrid.
uh what?
this is literally garbage, I mean it is physically rubbish too.
???????
???

this is literally a string. on a wall.
this is sweet I suppose.
these are white blocks arranged on a floor.
I quite like this. It reminds me of the artwork by friend Ashley Wertheimer, check out her portfolio here!
ohhhhh I love architectural models with all my heart:
more ugly things, on sticks.
super ugly.
alright.
really heinous.
somewhat cool.
sorta cool.
nice.

HA.
huge room, not a lot of art:
i really like these chairs on the right:
sweet chairs.
what annoys me most about modern art is that people get away with "creating" "art" and then getting heaps of money for it. Like this, it's all black. It's bullshit. It's not art.
this actually makes an interesting photo.
I would like to own the red chair. or the greenish one.
I like this desk.
this was thrown together from a junkyard, or probably just found in one.
finally some Picassos.

the view from the 4eme etage.
the view from the top!
this lady was wearing all purple. that is neat.
The outer escalator tube machine
Sometimes referred to as the "eyesore" of Paris. I can't decide if I agree or not...what I do know is that I would never recommend this museum to anyone. I've never been so let down before.

4 comments:

  1. laetitia degrooteMay 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM

    Oh momz!!!
    The interesting things ar the temporary exhibitions !! It's an amazing museum, but it's weird my memories of the general art work are not at all what you saw. They must change once in a while the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha it's okay! I went on free Sunday and there were some floors that were unaccessible - so it must have been the temporary expos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I studied this place in art history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of those were cool. But in general, no mas modern art :/

    ReplyDelete