Sunday, June 20, 2010

horizon perfekt!

As most of you know I am quite obsessed with Lomography cameras. They are so fun, easy to use and create unique photographs. If you haven't already seen what type of images this toy cameras produce, click here to view my supersample photos shot on the Supersampler and here to view my multiple exposure / over lapping photos shot by the Diana Mini

Get this - you can rent cameras from the Lomography shop in Paris! All you have to do is put down 300 euro as a deposit and return it within a few days - or only 200 euro like I did since I became buddybuddy with the German owning Lomo shop owners! So, Greg and I moseyed over to the Lomo shop and rented this gem of a camera. It's called the Horizon Perfekt and it takes clean, crisp, incredibly colorful panoramic photographs. Oh and it's only $475. I WANT IT THE MOST BAD. I suggest clicking on every photo for the large version!

Both of there were shot very close to my apartment near La Defense:
Look at that color and sharpness!
This is the bridge over Canal St. Martin, the one where Amelie skips her stones.
Such a great green color in this overcast weather:
Alongside the Quai de Valmy.
Du Pain et des Idees, a superb bakery that I venture to in the 10eme.
Nom nom nom on the freshest most delicious apricot tart!
Place de la Republique. It's enormous, check out this aerial shot.
The inside-out building, Centre Pompidou.
Obligatory lunch date at Le Taxi Jaune, my most prized find of Paris.

Then we went to the outskirts of Paris to rent a little rowboat on the Lac Daumesnil in the park called Bois de Vincennes. I highly recommend doing this during gorgeous weather, we had originally planned to picnic but the weather did not permit. Here are some shots:
Greg in his element.
This shot looks sweet with the burning on the left:
Cheese.
This is what I look like when I row a boat.
Look at those (nonexistent) muscles in action!
Struggling. clearly.

2 comments:

  1. These ones are my favorite:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QYoGuNywOwU/THBYK6Y2ZCI/AAAAAAAA7aQ/cf66C4vEunw/s1600/5762_15A.jpg

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QYoGuNywOwU/THBYJJJWQ9I/AAAAAAAA7Yw/IB1ar_WmUug/s1600/5762_23A.jpg

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QYoGuNywOwU/THBYIHwgdqI/AAAAAAAA7YE/apQzRtsInIY/s1600/5762_06.jpg

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QYoGuNywOwU/THBYJYLhjKI/AAAAAAAA7ZA/bAhgxogFPhs/s1600/5762_09A.jpg

    What kind of film does that camera use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baby brudder.

    When shooting with lomo cameras I like to use lomo film, especially color negative because it really makes the colors pop. You can find the film here: http://usa.shop.lomography.com/films/lomography-film/lomography-color-negative-400-pack-of-3

    ReplyDelete